Amy is our Administrative Specialist and she is responsible for many of the details around the office to keep Redstone running smoothly. Our employees and vendors are a key part of our firm and all of those relationships are important to us. Amy works with those outside of our firm on a weekly basis.
Amy reflects our core values. Here is what colleagues say about Amy:
- “Amy only works here part-time, but you would never know it.”
- “She’s a great asset to the Redstone team. She is able to multi-task and handle administrative items for the firm.”
- “Amy is a key part of our team – she always has a smile on her face and at the same time is gifted at handling many administrative details.”
- “I liked Amy right from the get go – she is professional, confident and yet so friendly and personable that it felt like we were long-time friends.”
- "Amy tackles any task set out before her to make it happen and improve the end result."
Most interesting place she’s visited in South Dakota: Camping at Custer State Park and falling asleep to the sound of the rustling pine needles.
Little known fact about Amy: Amy has played the violin since 1989. She has been a member of the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra since 2001 and was lucky enough to meet her husband on a symphony tour to Hoven, SD in 2006. Music is an integral part of Amy’s life.
- Her Responsibilities at Redstone: Amy loves planning firm events, whether it's the firm's annual Christmas party, a Stampede game, or a variety of volunteer events throughout the year. She also enjoys meeting and working with new people, whether it’s new employees, vendors, or clients.
- Movies: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Office Space, Shawshank Redemption, and Up.
- Piece of Classical Music: Symphonic Dances by Sergei Rachmaninoff.
- Places She’s Traveled: Grand Cayman Island, Scotland, Southern California, and Washington State.
While not at the office working with the Redstone team, Amy enjoys: Amy works part-time at Redstone, which provides her the ability to stay at home the majority of the week to raise her two wonderful children, Bentley and Bailey. In addition to her children, Amy enjoys spending time with her husband, Gideon and their lovely dog, Robin. Outside of the home, Amy enjoys cheering on her Nebraska Cornhusker football team (Go Big Red!!), traveling, spending time outdoors, discovering new music, shopping at local boutiques, going on motorcycle rides with her husband, solving Sudoku puzzles, and trying new recipes.
Amy's professional background:
- Administrative Specialist at Redstone 2015 - Present.
- Office Support Assistant at Redstone 2014 - 2015.
- Resigned from the Sioux Falls School District to Become a Stay-at-Home Mom July 2014.
- Curriculum Services Specialist (Staff Development/Federal Programs) for the Sioux Falls School District 2012 - 2014.
- Assistant in the Sioux Falls Lincoln High School Music Department 2007 - 2010.
- Professional Violinist in the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra 2001 - Present.
- Elected to the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra's Players Committee in 2005.
- Professional Violinist in the Sioux City Symphony Orchestra 2004 - 2014.
- B.A. Degree from Augustana College (Cum Laude) in 2004.