James is a lawyer at Redstone Law Firm and is the team lead for the Civil Litigation practice group where he represents individuals and businesses in a variety of subjects. He is of counsel to Redstone Law Firm.
Primary Practice Group: Civil Litigation
James' Professional Background:
- Law degree from University of South Dakota in 1977.
- B.S. degree from Morningside College in 1973.
- Assistant Attorney General 1978 - 1981.
- Boyce, Murphy, McDowell & Greenfield, Sioux Falls, SD 1981 - 2001.
- United States Attorney for the District of South Dakota 2002 - 2005.
- Presently, Redstone Law Firm, LLP, Sioux Falls, SD.
- South Dakota Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
Honors and Awards:
- South Dakota Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2000
- South Dakota Recipient of The Eight Circuit Bar Association Richard S. Arnold Award for Distinguished Service and Lifetime Achievement, 2012
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), South Dakota President 2001-2002
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Second Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- State Bar of South Dakota
- Ronald McDonald House, Sioux Falls, SD (Past Board Member)
- Avera McKennan Hospital (Past Board Member)
- South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks (Past Commissioner)
- South Dakota Humanities Counsel (Current Board Member)