Jon is an associate at Redstone and a member of the Government Relations and Litigation practice groups. Jon's practice includes civil litigation, adoptions, business formations and transactions, wills, and government relations.
Primary Practice Groups:
- Government Relations
Jon reflects our core values. Here is what current clients have to say about Jon:
- "I have known Jon for a long time and I can describe him with one word - integrity."
- "Jon helped to bring my family even closer by assisting us with our daughters' adoption. I appreciated his personable demeanor and how he happily visited with our daughters prior to the hearing, which made them feel more comfortable. It was a pleasure working with Jon!"
Jon's professional background:
- Lawyer at Redstone 2016 - present.
- Law degree from University of South Dakota in 2016
- Sterling Honors Graduate (top 10% of class)
- Vice President of the St. Thomas More Society
- Vice President of Moot Court Board
- Winner of Two Best Oral Advocate Awards at the 2016 William E. McGee National Civil Rights Moot Court Competition
- B.A. in Business Management from University of Sioux Falls in 2013.
- Elected to House Majority Whip in 2012.
- Vice Chairman of the Judiciary Committee of the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012.
- Elected to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2010 and 2012.
- A.A.S. in Business Administration from Southeast Technical Institute in 2009.
- Dell Rapids Chamber of Commerce Board Member and President in 2007 - 2010.
Most interesting place he's visited in South Dakota: Sylvan Lake and Needles Highway
Little known fact about Jon: Jon plays guitar and piano and has played live music in area restaurants.
Places where Jon is serving to Make It Better: Jon has served his church by teaching religious education for middle and high school students and by playing music for Mass and weddings.
- Movie: Amazing Grace
- Book: Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
- YouTube Clip: Live concert footage of my favorite musicians
While not at the office working with the Redstone team, Jon enjoys: Living life with his wife, Sheila, and their three kids. Jon also enjoys spending time with his friends, playing music, and studying economics.